Speech Language Pathology Services is committed to providing the highest quality speech, language, and communication services within a meaningful and fun learning environment for children and adults. In June 2011 our offices moved to a new location to provide an even friendlier environment with ample parking and more space. Our highly proficient, innovative, and caring speech-language pathologists are dedicated to working collaboratively with family members to ensure their children learn and progress to their full communicative potential. This practice has been privately owned since 1985.
We provide a full range of diagnostic testing and therapy for children with speech, language, processing, and oral motor disorders. Our areas of specialization include aural habilitation for deaf and hard of hearing children and adults and therapy for oral myofunctional disorders (tongue thrust).
Additionally, Chris Switzer, Director supervises graduate students and is an Adjunct Faculty/Lecturer at Chapman University. This association ensures that graduate students are gaining from the benefit of current clinical practice, and that SLPS is continuously made aware of new technology and treatments being tested and developed in the ever-changing field of Speech and Language Pathology.
- We believe that early intervention is crucial to the development of communication skills.
- We believe that each child should be viewed individually and treated uniquely according to their learning style and communication needs.
- We believe that children should be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
- We believe that family support is crucial to a child’s learning and that parents should be involved in the development, implementation, and evaluation of their child’s needs and progress.
- We believe in a “health team” to completely and safely provide comprehensive care for you or your child.